Sunday, September 18, 2011

CONFIRMED! Jazz at the Cyr Center 3:00 PM today, September 18th

In case someone is looking here for any last-minute updates, the musicians are on their way and we have a secure route for them. It's a bit longer than the usual route and these hard-working young men have at least a 12-hour work day today. I hope we'll have a great turnout to show our appreciation!

One note: given our cold temperatures the last two nights, and since the Cyr Center is no longer occupied by business tenants, I think it may be a bit chilly in the building today. We do not have control of the thermostat, so I suggest you bring a sweater or a jacket, just in case. They've been working this week on replacing the windows, those lovely - but leaky - old windows. I'm not sure if it's just the ones in the ballroom or if it was the entire building. We'll find out this afternoon. It just cost me $700 to fill up my oil tank, and I can only imagine (shudder! Gasp!) what it costs to heat the Cyr Center.

See you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment